Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:41:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fundamentalist Christians=Pure Evil  (Read 9281 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 02, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »

By nature,I am not a violent person & the last thing I would ever want to do is perpetuate hate,but after reading yet another horrific article on these despicable "people",I think I would be capable of inflicting unspeakable acts on these people,because the world would be better off without them around! Angry

High court rules for military funeral protesters

Margie Phelps AP – FILE - In this Oct. 6, 2010 file photo, Margie Phelps, second from right, a daughter of Fred Phelps, …

* Westboro Baptist Church Slideshow:Westboro Baptist Church
    * American recalls 'humiliating' post-9/11 arrest Play Video U.S. Courts Video:American recalls 'humiliating' post-9/11 arrest AP
    * Supreme Court's Landmark Decision on Vaccinations Play Video U.S. Courts Video:Supreme Court's Landmark Decision on Vaccinations FOX News

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press Mark Sherman, Associated Press – 1 min ago

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that the First Amendment protects fundamentalist church members who mount anti-*** protests outside military funerals, despite the pain they cause grieving families.

The court voted 8-1 in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan. The decision upheld an appeals court ruling that threw out a $5 million judgment to the father of a dead Marine who sued church members after they picketed his son's funeral.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the opinion for the court. Justice Samuel Alito dissented.

Roberts said the First Amendment shields the funeral protesters, noting that they obeyed police directions and were 1,000 feet from the church.

"Speech is powerful. It can stir people to action, move them to tears of both joy and sorrow, and — as it did here — inflict great pain. On the facts before us, we cannot react to that pain by punishing the speaker," Roberts said. "As a nation we have chosen a different course — to protect even hurtful speech on public issues to ensure that we do not stifle public debate."

Alito strongly disagreed. "Our profound national commitment to free and open debate is not a license for the vicious verbal assault that occurred in this case," he said.

Matthew Snyder died in Iraq in 2006 and his body was returned to the United States for burial. Members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who have picketed military funerals for several years, decided to protest outside the Westminster, Md., church where his funeral was to be held.

The Rev. Fred Phelps and his family members who make up most of the Westboro Baptist Church have picketed many military funerals in their quest to draw attention to their incendiary view that U.S. deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are God's punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.

They showed up with their usual signs, including "Thank God for dead soldiers," "You're Going to Hell," "God Hates the USA/Thank God for 9/11," and one that combined the U.S. Marine Corps motto, Semper Fi, with a slur against *** men.

The church members drew counter-demonstrators, as well as media coverage and a heavy police presence to maintain order. The result was a spectacle that led to altering the route of the funeral procession.

Several weeks later, Albert Snyder was surfing the Internet for tributes to his son from other soldiers and strangers when he came upon a poem on the church's website that attacked Matthew's parents for the way they brought up their son.

Soon after, Snyder filed a lawsuit accusing the Phelpses of intentionally inflicting emotional distress. He won $11 million at trial, later reduced by a judge to $5 million.

The federal appeals court in Richmond, Va., threw out the verdict and said the Constitution shielded the church members from liability.

Forty-eight states, 42 U.S. senators and veterans groups sided with Snyder, asking the court to shield funerals from the Phelps family's "psychological terrorism."

While distancing themselves from the church's message, media organizations, including The Associated Press, urged the court to side with the Phelps family because of concerns that a victory for Snyder could erode speech rights.

Roberts described the court's holding as narrow, and in a separate opinion, Justice Stephen Breyer suggested in other circumstances, governments would not be "powerless to provide private individuals with necessary protection."

But in this case, Breyer said, it would be wrong to "punish Westboro for seeking to communicate its views on matters of public concern."

AP – FILE - In this Oct. 6, 2010 file photo, Margie Phelps, second from right, a daughter of Fred Phelps, …

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

I completely agree with you.

Free speech does not mean you can shout "Fire" in a crowded cinema (no matter what your 1st amendment says), and that's what these despicable people are doing.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »

Of course one has to ask: what does "Christian" have to do with these folk?

I'm not a religious person at all ... but I know enough about it to know that all these idiots are out for is some easy cash and attention.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:08:26 PM »

I completely agree with you.

Free speech does not mean you can shout "Fire" in a crowded cinema (no matter what your 1st amendment says), and that's what these despicable people are doing.

Well said Will....of which causes me to think about the federal law in the U.S....one of them being,that if you threaten to kill the president-you WILL go to jail,even if you have no real intentions to kill.
Presidents receive approximately 1400 threats per year-most of them are benign,as they are just words,but the constitution doesn't protect these people who make the idle threats(which of course is a law that SHOULD be in place).

The words of these fundamentalist Christians are purely malicious in nature & are specifically intended to inflict hurt,pain & suffering.These people have terrorist & homicidal thoughts against gays & yet these ultra-violent words are protected by the constitution.

If the U.S. continues to  protect these religious cults,than the U.S. constitution is harboring terrorism.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »

The words of these fundamentalist Christians are purely malicious in nature & are specifically intended to inflict hurt,pain & suffering.
If the U.S. continues to  protect these religious cults,than the U.S. constitution is harboring terrorism.

The freedoms we enjoy in Europe and North America imply the responsibility to exercise this freedom with intelligence and compassion.
If one removes intelligence and compassion from any social/political equation, abuse will quickly follow.

Mentious

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »

Christianity is pure good. It is the great bhakti-yoga spiritual heritage of the White European peoples.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 02:48:08 AM »

Christianity is pure good. It is the great bhakti-yoga spiritual heritage of the White European peoples.
Did I say Christians?No I did not,as I said f-u-n-d-a-m-e-n-t-a-l-i-s-t Christians.Was the news article referring to incidences in Europe?No.
You didn't even bother to read the news article,did you?
Well,allow me apprise of the current events that are happening in the U.S..A bunch of idiots in Kansas are running an anti-g*y hate campaign,by disrupting funeral processions...by way of picketing with some very sick & hateful statements,such as "God hates fags" and "Thank God for dead soldiers".

If it still isn't quite clear to you,maybe this will help;

http://www.victorious.org/chur21.htm

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 03:42:11 AM »

...If it still isn't quite clear to you,maybe this will help...
http://www.victorious.org/chur21.htm

Good article, Thom. Smiley

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »

In my 'after 12 before 20' (why the hell was that word starred out?) years I thoroughly studied the bible, both old and new testaments (I wish I'd had other religious texts to compare and contrast but they simply weren't available to me). Although I have forgotten much of what I read. One thing comes over time and time again in the new testament with extreme clarity. The word is tolerance. Something practiced by all the early Christians, and completely missing in all fundamentalists.

My personal belief is there is no such thing as fundamental Muslims, fundamental Christians etc. There are only extreme control freaks who will latch on to any 'religion' to further their aims.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »

...My personal belief is there is no such thing as fundamental Muslims, fundamental Christians etc. There are only extreme control freaks who will latch on to any 'religion' to further their aims.
Succinctly put.

A case in point: the conquest of Europe and the middle-east by Rome. It started out as the "Roman empire", then adopted Christianity and became the "Holy Roman empire". If you followed any creed other than Rome's approved religion (and political agenda), you were an infidel, heathen, pagan, or barbarian - and were offered a choice: convert or die.

Here's to tolerance, and individuals willing to think for themselves...

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 08:23:54 AM »

The word is tolerance.

The Lord is right Smiley

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/