Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A No-Brainer Deal On Monitors!  (Read 3876 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »

I'm familiar with the French company Focal-as they've become rather infamous in the recording industry,but the company Prodipe...well,somehow their existence escaped me....that is,until now. Cool

I discovered them on YouTube last night & did not know what to think of them,so I went to my trusty SoundOnSound website and as it turned out,they are very well reviewed budget monitors...perhaps the best review I have ever come across in the budget arena!

There's no way for me to test them out beforehand,but I do trust SoundOnSound's reviews implicitly & this review is definitely worth checking out;

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun09/articles/prodiperibbonpro8.htm

Despite how seriously the tech-heads here on K-M take their gear,they are not equally critical about their monitors-but guys,this is your golden opportunity to make a substantial upgrade,while still remaining within your budgets.

The Prodipes are nothing to scoff at and unlike Focal,Prodipes are manufactured in China,so this accounts for the very reasonable price of these monitors.
They go for 349 pounds & 449 euro and here in the U.S.,I have seen them as cheap as $409 for the pair.I am actually seriously considering upgrading from my KRK RPG26's for a pair of these gems.
Cheesy

-Thom                                                                                                                                                                                                              

* ProdipeRibbonPro8_01.jpg (394.27 KB, 1200x874 - viewed 712 times.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:42:41 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »

I'm familiar with the French company Focal-as they've become rather infamous in the recording industry,but the company Prodipe...well,somehow their existence escaped me....that is,until now.

This is the first I've heard of either brand. The reviewer was very impressed - and those guys tend to know their stuff.
Thanks once again, Thom. You dig up some of the coolest gear...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: