Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:04:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kara  (Read 9147 times)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:41:14 AM »

There is another thread on this forum: http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=6179.0  with tributes to our departed friend. However, I though it important to have a comment here on the MMA forum.

Kara was a wonderful promoter and user of MMA. It was Kara who set up this forum and encouraged me to get the 1.x release "out the door". I'd probably still be releasing betas were it not for his prodding and wonderful advise.

I'd run out of space here if I were to list each of his suggestions and little fixes. And, take note, that the suggestions (dare I say complaints) were never presented in a negative manner. They were always polite, "musical", and well thought out. He also wrote the Groove Tutorial (distributed with MMA) and several library files. We're all in his debt.

His loss leaves a tremendous hole in the development of MMA. He will be missed.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »

...the suggestions (dare I say complaints) were never presented in a negative manner. They were always polite, "musical", and well thought out...

It is a style of enthusiasm and motivation we could all benefit from emulating.

The folks in my family home put great emphasis on the "on the case and in your face" approach to life. Challenges are treated as threats, and intimidation - in one form or other - is implied in most communications.

Kara exhibited none of this confrontational innuendo - he was always positive and supportive, even when criticizing. A life lesson, if I ever did see one...

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »

The folks in my family home put great emphasis on the "on the case and in your face" approach to life. Challenges are treated as threats, and intimidation - in one form or other - is implied in most communications.

We all have different, but way-too-similar, backgrounds. In my family it was always the negative that was discussed. Fear of failure was instilled into everything. And, some days I wonder if I'd be a better musician if my mother had said more nice things about the notes I hit, rather than the harshness expressed about the missed ones ... probably I would be ... but who knows.

Life is short, as demonstrated by our friend's too-early departure. Let's all take a moment to reflect and make the days we have more meaningful to ourselves and our family and friends.

And, kudos to Kara! Here's a fellow I never meet, only saw a few pictures of, didn't know much about his family, etc. ... and yet I'm really feeling his loss. I think that says a lot.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »

In the MMA distribution there is a library of styles created by Kara. There is a short README file there that attributes the source, etc. I've added the following to the file:

It is with great saddness that I have to let you know that there
will be no further contributions from our good friend Kara. His
life was cut short in April 2011 by a heart attack. He's now playing
with a larger choir. Rest in peace, dear friend.

Azell

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »

pour beaucoup de personnes, il était vu comme quelqu'un d'égoïste. J'aimerai crier à tous ces gens tout ce qu'il a fait gratuitement, avec son coeur et sa générosité. bvpd, ne crois pas qu'il a eut une vie facile quand il était enfant, lui, c'est son père qui n'a jamais cru en lui, mais il en a fait une force, alors pense y souvent et va de l'avant, n'écoute pas ta mère et crois en toi, tu iras loin et surtout là où tu en as envie, c'est le principal.
Bonne route à toi, et merci pour toutes ces belles choses que vous écrivez sur lui. Continuez son travail.
Azell
For many people, it was seen as a selfish. I'd like to scream at all these people everything he has done for free, with his heart and his generosity. bvpd do not think he had an easy life as a child, he, it is his father who never believed in him, but he made ​​it a force, so often and think it goes from front, don't listen your mother and believe in yourself, you'll go far and above where you want, it is the principal.
Good road to you, and thank you for all these beautiful things you write about him. Continue its work.
Azell

Kara pour toujours
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »

It is sad that so few of us rarely get appreciated for things we do, especially for free.

There's a saying, in English, that "no good deed goes unpunished". So true.

Perhaps we can all take a little lesson and resolve to thank (even in a small way) someone who's done something nice! Hey, can't hurt ... and maybe it'll come around to yourself!

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »

Along these lines, in supermarkets I make a point of being nice to the people on the checkout tills. They have a horrible boring job and often get badly treated by ignorant customers.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Azell

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »

très juste, un sourire en amène un autre, un compliment fait plaisir et ça ne coute rien. Serait-ce la sagesse de l'âge?  Wink
Azell
very true, a smile leads to another, a compliment is fun and it costs nothing. Is this the wisdom of age?  Wink
Azell

Kara pour toujours
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »

Is this the wisdom of age?  Wink

Some days I just feel old. Then I remind myself that I'm not getting old, just wiser.

Yeah, right. Some day I might start to believe it!

Seriously, I think that we do "mellow" as we age. Probably due to the fact that we might be setting our priorities in life better ... and realizing that a lot of things we thought were important when we were younger really weren't.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

Seriously, I think that we do "mellow" as we age. Probably due to the fact that we might be setting our priorities in life better ... and realizing that a lot of things we thought were important when we were younger really weren't.
Very true. We also realise that there just is no need to rush around when you can take your time and watch everyone else rush around Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:24 PM »

...a compliment is fun and it costs nothing. Is this the wisdom of age?  Wink

The wisdom of attention, more likely.
I know some very foolish old people; and some very wise young folk...

It seems wisdom develops as a result of that "pause for reflection" that some graceful people  bring to bear when presented with a challenge.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: