Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And about time too!  (Read 5576 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: May 06, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »

You can always tell when I'm going through an inspiration 'desert'. I start reprising old tunes, and generally faffing about all over the place.

Well now.
This evening I was doing the faffing thing with a quiet chord progression loping in the background and just playing any old thing on the guitar... only something happened. A few notes stuck together interestingly here and there, then a few more.

Trying not to stop I hit record, then just carried on. Eventually my fingers got too sore and I had to stop, but here is just a snippet. it is very raw and will need a lot of work, but there is definitely something there.

* New_Prog.mp3 (1305.71 KB - downloaded 303 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:20:59 AM »

...when I'm going through an inspiration 'desert'. I start reprising old tunes, and generally faffing about all over the place.
... I was doing the faffing thing with a quiet chord progression loping in the background and just playing any old thing on the guitar... only something happened...my fingers got too sore and I had to stop, but here is just a snippet...

The genesis of a song. Congratulations! (it is always fascinating to observe the creative process in action) Afro

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 04:31:32 AM »

Should be a very tasty tune when it's all sorted out. Cool

-Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

Cool
Great start ..... looking forward to the progress.  wOO

Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »

Thanks a lot for your support guys.

Here I've defined one 'verse' and cleaned things up a bit. Still a long way to go (and I've got sore fingers again).

It's very hard work for me developing tunes on the guitar I'm so used to keys Roll Eyes

* New_Prog_02.mp3 (816.73 KB - downloaded 278 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:05:05 AM »

Here I've defined one 'verse' and cleaned things up a bit. Still a long way to go (and I've got sore fingers again).
Schweet! Good melody, and an unbeatable combination of sounds. Wear those sore fingers proudly, Picker. You've earned them...

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »

Will this is coming along very nicely!  I love this chord progression and that picking ain’t to shabby either!  Great job!

It's very hard work for me developing tunes on the guitar I'm so used to keys Roll Eyes

We have a lot in common as “It’s very hard for me developing tunes on the KEYS I’m so used to the GUITAR” Smiley

Keep up the good guitar work.

The older I get the better I was!
Azell

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

Version 1 reminded me of my niece when she repeats.  Grin But version 2 is already much better. Bravo for melody, like a lot. One more effort for your fingers and it will be perfect.  Cheesy

Kara pour toujours
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: