Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earh Summit: Unknown Earth (and so it begins...)  (Read 9655 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »

We're very happy to bring you (finally) the first finished track for our next album, Earth Summit. It's called Unknown Earth and those who've seen our previous gigs on Ustream or viewed our YouTube movies might recognize it (a bit) but it's been extensively reworked for our new album.

It's not yet been mastered yet so it might lack some polish on some speaker systems but we couldn't wait to share this with you all. Hope you'll enjoy it, let us know what you think!

Percy & Marc
87PM

* 87PM-UnknownEarth-demo-v1-128.mp3 (7359.93 KB - downloaded 345 times.)

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »

I always know I'm going to enjoy your compositions - this is no exception Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »

Some really interesting segments in here & it is reminiscent of Xymox. Cool Overall,,I thought it was a bit too long to hold my interest throughout,but it does have some shining moments.

-Thom

Azell

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »

je suis toujours derrière vous, magnifique  Wink Oana, ma petite-fille (chouchou de Rony) adore aussi, bisous

I am always behind you, splendid Wink Oana, my granddaughter (chouchou Rony) also loves, kisses Azell

Kara pour toujours
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »

All I can add is I loved it

The older I get the better I was!
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked it! Thom, sorry to hear that but we do tend to go for the long track format and this is not the longest one that'll be on the next cd by a long way! Wink These tracks are about voyages and they take some time.

Merci Azell! C'est tres bien - nous voulons que notre musique est pour tous! (I hope that that made sense, you know that my French is patchy at best... Cheesy )

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »

... the first finished track for our next album, Earth Summit. It's called Unknown Earth ...it's been extensively reworked for our new album...
You and Percy have managed to create a signature sound for 87PM, and this is an excellent example.
When I first "arrived" at Kara-Moon, the Marc JX8P synth productions were a major inspiration, and they still are. Afro

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »

Thanks Oren for your very kind words! We're especially happy that you like it as in due time we'll be a-knocking on your door to wave your magic mastering wand over the tracks again! Smiley

Also known as Marc JXP
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »

I think I'll be using SoundCloud a lot more in the future as it's a really easy way to combine feedback from numerous sources and it has a really neat way of allowing people to give feedback at specific parts of the song (though I think you'll need a - free - soundcloud account to give feedback, you can listen without being a member). So here is the same track in Souncloud: http://snd.sc/jhdICi.

Also known as Marc JXP
SLD Music

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 01:26:56 PM »

Nicely done Marc!

I enjoyed this one.  It held my interest just fine, and there were places where it didn't go where you expected to go, which I thought was kinda cool.  I'm relatively new to this genre of music, and I've found a lot to like about it as a listener (I'm a bit of a synth addict, and this feeds that addiction nicely). 

I'm still having trouble grasping the form of this genre as a composer, so as someone who messes with synths and tries to compose music, I always tend to laps into a more traditional ABA or AAA with variations kind of structure.  Not a bad thing for me, cuz I am who I am, but one day, by listening to excellent compositions like these, maybe I'll start to get the hang of it.

Anyway, really cool.  Thanks for sharing it.
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

Nicely done Marc!

I enjoyed this one.  It held my interest just fine, and there were places where it didn't go where you expected to go, which I thought was kinda cool.  I'm relatively new to this genre of music, and I've found a lot to like about it as a listener (I'm a bit of a synth addict, and this feeds that addiction nicely). 

I'm still having trouble grasping the form of this genre as a composer, so as someone who messes with synths and tries to compose music, I always tend to laps into a more traditional ABA or AAA with variations kind of structure.  Not a bad thing for me, cuz I am who I am, but one day, by listening to excellent compositions like these, maybe I'll start to get the hang of it.

Anyway, really cool.  Thanks for sharing it.

Wow, thanks for the kind words Scott! Tbh. it takes us ages to get stuff like this done. The original idea is done quite quickly but then we listen over and over and over to it and keep on making changes until we like how the mix sounds. It's more of a sculpting thing than actual composition as little is premeditated.

Also known as Marc JXP
Timothee

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42:36 PM »

Hey nice track...I really liked the flow to it, plus very easy on the ears... Also very psychedelic!!!

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

Thanks Tim, glad you like it!

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: