Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: KVR JULY INDUSTRIAL  (Read 13426 times)
Timothee

« on: July 08, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

My Submission for KVR month of July contest... Theme: Industrial Track title:Industrial Complex...

I had a lot of fun experimenting with my DAW to come up with this one...

* 1107_Timothee_IndustrialComplex.mp3 (6694.97 KB - downloaded 392 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:09:35 AM »

Although not my bag at all this one drew me in enough to hear it all the way through.  This is very good.  A really different soundscape, at least for me.

Maybe you could explain to an old fart like me how you come up with this genre of music?  What are you sound sources?  Your DAW?  Your inspiration?  I’m an old jazz, blues new age guy so this is completely foreign to me.

Thanx

PS – really good effort here.  I did like it.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:16:57 AM »

I had a lot of fun experimenting with my DAW to come up with this one...

So, dude, what's your DAW, and which soundsources did you use on this one?

The track really works for me - I'd like to layer a bit of guitar over this one to see where it goes... What do you think?

Timothee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:19:13 AM »

Well I have never made an industrial song before, but I have listened to and liked some industrial music, so before I began, I listened to a wide variety of the genre for a few hours... At that point I got a feeling for what kind of sounds I should work with and started to get ideas... I use Fl studio as a Daw and I have some cutting edge sample packs, all of which I pay for... I use toxic Biohazard as my synth, which has an amazing range of sounds, and then I trust my instincts and follow my ears to piece it all together...  With this one I decided to go Lo-Fi for effects and I cranked up the distortion, while lowering volume levels to balance it out. I also followed a house-style drum beat because that is what Im most familiar with.  then slowly piecing the track together in a very linear manner, I add and take away until I'm satisfied for the day.  I usually work on a song for several days because each new day I have a slightly different perspective on what I want the finished product to be, and I go through a mastering phase for several hours, or sometimes days, to try different settings out and see what works best...  then once I can't think of anything more to edit, I export to mp3 and test the song on different soundsystems to hear variation of tones... at that point the song is usually done, or I may go back and do a final mastering session...
As for inspiration, perhaps just excitement for what I may come up with next
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:26:14 AM by Timothee » Logged

Timothee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:22:50 AM »

I am interested in what you can come up with Oren so by all means !!!

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:58:58 AM »

I am interested in what you can come up with Oren so by all means !!!

Sweet! I'll work with your posted mp3, and if you like the result, I'll ask for a hi-def track to round out the production. Gimme a few days, Pilgrim... Grin

Timothee

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:30 AM »

Wicked stuff Oren, I look forward to it! and thanks again for listening !

Azell

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »

pour moi, c'est bravo, j'aime
for me it's Bravo, I like it  Smiley

Kara pour toujours
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »

Marked for alter listening!

I haven't yet decided finally whether to make an entry this month, and if I do then I don't want to hear any other submissions until I'm clear on what I want to offer.

At the moment it doesn't look likely Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 05:07:07 AM »

..and here's Timothee's creation, with added electric guitar...

* More Complex.mp3 (5971.49 KB - downloaded 238 times.)

Timothee

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 05:31:39 AM »

Yeah now thats what I like to hear!!!  Well done Oren, Im surprised you were able to pull that off so well, Bravo !! Very nice voice on that guitar, matched the song beautifully, and some smooth playing if I will say... Its given me a whole new perspective on how I produce my music..!!
 Thank-you very much !

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:47 AM »

I'm another old guy who has never had a taste for this style of music ... generally ....
but I got to say that Mr Fisher's guitar has put a whole new spin on it.
 wOO wOO wOO

What I have come to expect from Oren is the unexpected  Cool
As a guitar picker myself I find that I can never anticipate what he is going to play next  Shocked

Fabuloso  Cool

Wink
James

Azell

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »

ok avec James, le + de Oren est magnifique. C'est incroyable de mélanger des styles si différents.
Je suis Bretonne et j'aime un artiste (Denez Prigent) qui chante des "gwerz" (chansons tristes en Breton à cappella), sans aucune musique, parfois juste un piano. Il y a quelques années il a fait un Cd accompagné par des rythmes techno, moi, j'ai adoré le mélange.
1) voici une gwerz: Gwerz Ar Vezhinerien (live) sur:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QHXw96RH34o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2) voici une autre "accompagnée": - Evit netra - Une chanson pour rien sur:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKspx9Qyw6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
3) et une dernière, avec d'autres mélanges instrumentaux et surtout pour les très jolies photos de mon beau pays (même quand il pleut)  Wink
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ynG5NveQNuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Traduction (français > anglais)
ok with James, the more Oren is beautiful. It's amazing mix of styles so different.
I'm Brittany and I love an artist (Denez Prigent) who sings "gwerz" (sad songs a cappella in Breton), with no music, sometimes just a piano. A few years ago he made a CD accompanied by techno beats, I loved the mixture.
1) Here are a gwerz: Gwerz Ar Vezhinerien (live)
2) Here's another "accompanied": - Avoid netra - A song for anything on:
3) and last, with other instrumental combinations and especially for very nice photos of my beautiful country (even when it rains)  Wink
Azell

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

Azell,

Denez Prigent - an excellent example of French "Celtic" talent. I enjoyed those videos...

Have you heard Canada's famous "renegade", Ashley MacIsaac?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq5xkkFarA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoApELfgWcg&feature=related
         ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Timothee,

Your mp3 is so good, I'll use it to mix this down, fading in my guitar at the beginning. Then I'll re-master it at A=432Hz, for that "earthy" vibe... It may be a few days.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »

Tim,

As an old veteran of industrial music(back when industrial was still new)-I must say,that while this is a masterful arrangement in it's own rite,it's not "industrial" by definition.
Industrial in general,is very abstract,monochromatic and repetitive with a very unconventional structure,in terms of composition.That being said,I don't know how well this entry will fair in the contest,as this tune has a 80's New Wave spin to it.

This blend of genres does make this tune very interesting,but anyone who is well versed in the industrial genre,may not acknowledge this tune as being industrial.
Then again,there is a vast consortium of sub-genres these days,so perhaps this entry may be a strong one.If one were to judge this tune based on it's merits of creativity & arranging talents alone-rather than what genre this tune falls in,then this tune should do very well in the contest.
Since I am a big fan of 80's music,I very much like what you've done here and I applaud your accomplishment,as it is replete with energy and has a damn nice hook to it! Cool

Oren's contribution is nothing short of stellar and just adds to the New Wave feel....schweet! wOO

-Thom

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: