Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:53:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Alchemy Users?  (Read 12785 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »

Thom, I would be interested in how you like Alchemy after you get it up and running. I was also looking at Omnishpere but it is out of my price range so I was looking at Alchemy as a cost-effective substitute.

My studio will be down for a few weeks as I’m converting to a 64 bit Win 7 machine.  After it is up and running I may be trying out the free version of Alchemy if will run in 64 bits.

Good luck.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »

Mario,

I am still having a terrible time trying to get Alchemy installed in my DAW,so I don't know when I'll be able to give you a user review on it.

I will tell you this though,the guys in the tech support dept. are amazing and they are working diligently to straighten out my dumb *ss.

I don't know if you perused Camel Audio's website,but there audio demos are very convincing;  http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

Also,Camel Audio's YouTube channel has a very inspiring array of tutorial videos as well,which provide an in depth,comprehensive look into the inner workings of their Alchemy program.

When I get my Alchemy up & running,you'll be the first to know about,as I am not giving up on this installation issue,until it's resolved. Cool

-Thom
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:39:16 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »

Mario,

I just got finished re-installing Alchemy successfully and at the moment,I am waiting for all of the free bonus sounds to finish downloading...I will let you know how it sounds very soon.

The trick to a successful installation of Alchemy as it turns out,is not just a matter of keeping everything in the same folder,but to also avoid using the "Documents" folder(for some reason,it does not work with Alchemy).

It's a matter of storing everything exactly where their instructions tell you to store the program and all is good....whew...I'm so glad I got that out of the way!!

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »

Mario,

I finally got the Alchemy installed correctly,but I am having other issues now,which is explained in detail here;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4600793#4600793

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:42:09 AM »

Wow Thom you are having one bad experience with Alchemy!

Sometimes when a VSTi loses volume on my old system (32bit XP) all I had to do was to click on the synth to bring it up front on the screen, then to minimize it again. I never found out why sometimes it did that but I speculate that it was because I was pushing the system to it’s limits. I doubt that is the case in your problem but you may want to give it a try.

You said that you had a 6-core machine.  What processor is that? In the past AMDs had problems running as DAW systems.  That is the reason I always went Intel as everything DAW wise ran on Intel processor.  I don’t know if that is still the case or not.

Good luck!

PS- an afterthought – as I mentioned some free VSTi softsynths did not play well with my Sonar.  Some wouldn’t load at all.  Some loaded but gave me problems exactly like you are describing. Although others got the same programs to run on different DAWs I couldn’t using Sonar.  I’m wondering if this is the case here?

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:50 AM »

I am not going to subscribe to any wild speculation that it's my $600 PC tower,that's the cause of the problem.My Presonus DAW and all of the included VST's-as well as my Reason 4 program,do not give me any problems,so the Alchemy program,is to blame.

Reason 4,will run perfectly on anything...even something as sketchy as Windows Vista...so believe me,Alchemy is not the most stable VST program out there.
When Presonus debuted about a year and a half ago,it was unstable...but within a few months,it was rock solid.Alchemy has been around for more than 2 years and it still has bugs and I just recently read about another Alchemy user having stability problems with the full version,so maybe Alchemy is not all it's cracked up to be.....but time will tell.
Camel Audio's support is fantastic,so I will stick with them for a while,before I make my decision,as to whether or not to purchase Alchemy,or Omnisphere.

Some people are pro-Intel-while others,like my brother,swears by AMD processors.All I know,is that I read good reviews on the particular PC and that was good enough for me.

Here's another thread on KVR,which addresses the stability issues of Alchemy;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=301388&highlight=alchemy+presonus

-Thom
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:49:09 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: