Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xevious Universe  (Read 4877 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: July 27, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »

Woah....hold the phone!!...I take back what I had said about Alchemy Player having a few nice sounds-to the contrary,there are some absolutely mind blowing sounds in this free version!!
The bonus sound library that I had originally downloaded was installed in the wrong folder and once I corrected that error,I heard the real Alchemy,in all of it's unbridled glory!!
There is almost half a gigabyte worth of free sounds and they are shockingly exceptional....which leads me to wonder what the FULL version is like......YAHOO!!!

I also updated my Presonus DAW to the latest version,so my stability issues are no more,as everything is rock solid!!
This tune is a revamped and enhanced version of the draft piece I as working on and with the exception of the drums,everyhing is Alchemy,in terms of sounds.
The theme of this version,is about one of my most favorite video games of the 80's,which is Xevious.There have been many successors to the orginal Xevious-which were cool,but now there is Xevious Resurrection,which is now available for the Sony Playstation 3!!
What the hell is going on....I'm never this happy!
  Huh Grin wOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp7DPzGaRDI

-Thom

* Xevious Universe.mp3 (6840.9 KB - downloaded 286 times.)

* xevious_b.jpg (49.08 KB, 500x667 - viewed 628 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »

...I take back what I had said about Alchemy Player having a few nice sounds-to the contrary, there are some absolutely mind blowing sounds in this free version!!
The bonus sound library that I had originally downloaded was installed in the wrong folder and once I corrected that error...

Very happy to hear Alchemy Player is as good as you hoped it would be!
Over time, you will be amazed at the arsenal of software you build as each offering is evaluated and either included in your collection, or discarded as bogus. The way you make softsynth music will become more personalized as you learn the nuances of the programs.
Cool, eh? Afro

Very nifty how your bass arpeggios interact with the percussion. That a lotta sound layered on there - schweet!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:42:45 PM by Oren » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 03:17:52 AM »

Thanks for the nifty review Oren! Cool

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 02:16:32 AM »

I agree with Oren.

Great sounds expertly sculptured by a master.

Two thumbs up 

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »

Thanks for the very kind accolades,Mr.DeLaura! Cheesy

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: