Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:49:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Afternoon training shift at the hostel.  (Read 3619 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: December 13, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »

Occasionally I get to train one of the more stalwart new front-desk staff at Hostelling International Victoria - an individual who promises to be able to hold the fort on their own during an afternoon or night shift. They have to combine the talents of office manager, janitor, first aid assistance, interpreter, doorman(doorperson? bouncer?), and booking agent.
Our most recent inductee, Shaela, seems to have what it takes to go the distance, and she snapped a shot of me with her cell phone. The demo was entitled "how to clean up a big wet mess, fast"
Oh, I do love a big wet/dry vacuum... Grin

* Afternoon-shift Attitude.jpg (1208.74 KB, 1920x2560 - viewed 452 times.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:55:09 PM by Oren » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »

Oh, I do love a big wet/dry vacuum... Grin
Are you sure this is the sort of thing you want people to know about? Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:38 AM »

I've often wondered what it would be like to be a guest at this hostel & it settled...eventually I'm embarking on a pilgrimage to stay there-I'm sold!  Grin

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »

Will,
My taste in just about everything tends toward "industrial"  Grin
Our own vacuum cleaner at home is a Canadian-made "ShopVac", and I'm tellin' you now - it'll suck the stripes off a zebra wOO
                             ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thom,
You know you're welcome here, but be advised: shared accommodation requires a certain tolerance for your co-travellers' idiosyncratic behaviour. The men's dorm at our hostel contains 44 bunks - not everyone's cup of tea. On the bright side... it's never boring Cheesy

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thom,
You know you're welcome here, but be advised: shared accommodation requires a certain tolerance for your co-travellers' idiosyncratic behaviour. The men's dorm at our hostel contains 44 bunks - not everyone's cup of tea. On the bright side... it's never boring Cheesy

Well...for one thing,I've lived in my fair share of boarding houses..having to share a bathroom,so the hostel wouldn't be terribly different.
Besides,sounds like a very affordable situation which would be very accommodating to my modest wallet. Wink

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: