Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:57:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You are what you do!  (Read 7384 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: December 18, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

Hi,
It's been a long time since I was able to find some musical inspiration. This weekend, I finaly managed to work on a new piece.
I've got the basic worked out. It's rough on the edges, but the basic idea is there.
Comments are welcome!

Moon

* You are what you do v0-3b.mp3 (2971.96 KB - downloaded 393 times.)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »

Nice - has a lovely 80s synth vibe to it. The background synth pattern gets a little repetitive; you could try liven it up by inserting a few fx sounds (gated white noise, synth arpeggio, that kind of stuff). The vocals are cool! The end of course is a bit sudden but I assume that you're working on that. In any case, looking forward to see what you'll be doing with it!

Also known as Marc JXP
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »

Thanks for the tips Marc.

The appregio is comming from Sylenth1. I think I can create some CC envelopes on it. That should give some variation.
I'm still struggling with the sounds though. I wanted a modern sound, not an 80s-sound. I'll keep experimenting...

The vocals come from a speech a 13-year old girl have back in the 80s during a convention in Brazil. It stroke me that 25 years later, not much had changed and everything she was telling us is still true. That inspired me...

I'll keep on working it...

Moon
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »

Well, retro is all in vogue again - so it sounds pretty contemporary to me! Smiley No need to change that in my opinion.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »

Very impressive so far. I did find the sounds on the first part a bit 'thin' but otherwise it was working very well.

The child's voice sounds a bit sharp and brittle - most kids do. I wonder if some careful EQ would improve this.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:49:15 PM »

...retro is all in vogue again - so it sounds pretty contemporary to me! Smiley No need to change that in my opinion...

That "period vibe" comprises the charm of the song. It sounds honest, to the point.
Messing with this would be a mistake Afro

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

...retro is all in vogue again - so it sounds pretty contemporary to me! Smiley No need to change that in my opinion...

That "period vibe" comprises the charm of the song. It sounds honest, to the point.
Messing with this would be a mistake Afro

I agree.

Just a little polish is all that is needed here.

Great start Moon

The older I get the better I was!
SLD Music

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:53:23 AM »

Moon,

Great start on this!  Has it been developed since you posted this?  I'd be curious to hear what you've done...

The pieces aren't quite gelling together yet, but I see how they will once you start fine-tuning things.
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »

Hey, great stuff here. Extra theme! A very interesting 'tension', a strong dramatic feel.
Superb!

Frenchy but chic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: