Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KVR Jan 2012 Run Through  (Read 6447 times)
shrikant

« on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »

This time it is supposed to be"through" music at KVR.The melody and other repetitive motif parts are to be avoided we are told. Each segment has to be different. This is my version of it.Hope this run through is closer to the theme. Please let me know what you felt on listening.

Thanks in advance

Shrikant

* 1201_shrikant_ Run Through .mp3 (5220.74 KB - downloaded 323 times.)
Azell

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

really surprising. I can not find the words. Some parts are interesting and others are gnashing my ears. For me, it lacks a little sweetness
bonne journée
azell

Kara pour toujours
shrikant

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »

really surprising. I can not find the words. Some parts are interesting and others are gnashing my ears. For me, it lacks a little sweetness
bonne journée
azell

Thanks for the response. Someone at KVR gave this link explaining what could be "through" music.The speaker says it could be worlds ugliest music.  Evil

It is interesting.Give it a try.

Thanks.

Here is the link.

http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_rickard_the_beautiful_math_behind_the_ugliest_music.html
Azell

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »

thank you for the link, but my English is too simple to follow the explanation, alas! Rony often told me that music was mathematics ... but I am more "artist"  Wink Wink

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

...This is my version of it.Hope this run through is closer to the theme...

There is no "right" way to compose this genre of music. The goal is to represent a "stream of consciousness" experience in pitch, rhythm, and lyrics. It seems to be an acquired skill... and, an acquired taste... Cheesy

Nicely done, shrikant!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »

Somewhere in the 23rd century...Scottish bagpipe music is assimilated and reborn! Wink Cool Absolutely insane renderings...I like it! Cheesy

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »

I think you did a very creditable job on this. This theme has certainly produced an enormous range of interpretations.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

Synthesizer freeform with a beat!  Nice!  Although this was a lot harsher sounding than the freeform jazz I like I do believe this is a very similar in style.

I like  Afro

The older I get the better I was!
shrikant

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thanks for  listening and letting me know what  you felt, Azell,Oren,elwoodblues1969,folderol and Mario D.
The feedback is very important for me.

Thanks once again.

Shrikant
shrikant

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

I can not find the words. Some parts are interesting and others are gnashing my ears. For me, it lacks a little sweetness.

HA Afro

Thanks for the response.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: