Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:33:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Syncolectric  (Read 6262 times)
SLD Music

« on: January 31, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »

Hello all,

Here's a new "release" I've been working on for... I don't know... months.

I'm still trying to find out... "who I am" in terms of electronic music--not to mention get a handle on all the tools and techniques required to make it.  Anyway, it's pretty four on the floor-ey as a warning for those who don't like that kind of thing, but it's also very melodic and somewhat traditional in form.  It has dance elements, but calling it dance music would be a stretch.  It gets too busy and dense at the end, but after mucking with it alot, I finally decided--"Release it, learn from it, and make the next track better.  Let's let this one go..." Smiley

At any rate, I offer for your perusal: Syncolectric.

MP3 is too big for KM, so here's the soundcloud link:

http://soundcloud.com/sld-music/syncolectric
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »

Great track, and cool to see another Soundcloud user! I've followed you and put my feedback on the track in SC.

Also known as Marc JXP
SLD Music

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »

Thank you, thank you, Marc for your great comments.

I really appreciate your listening!  I really need to go back and work on Diabolus Dance again, as I never REALLY had time to properly mix it before it was due to be submitted for the contest.  I appreciate your thoughts about the lead in the second part.  And I think the third part gets too dense again.  I just have that tendency.  A rookie mistake I know, but I really am working on it.

Anyway, I'm making leaps and bounds advances on how to use Cubase, which I'm liking more and more as time goes on.  I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with it, even though there are still plenty of sounds I hear in my head that I have no idea how to recreate in the real world yet.  Eh... one step at a time.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.  Will look at your SC page when I have some time later this afternoon.
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

Don't worry about making it dense (as long as it doesn't affect clarity). I often find that these are the tracks that reward listening to again and again.

Also known as Marc JXP
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »

I really don’t like redundant four-on-the-floor dance music.  This song is far from that!  I really like this ambient, trance, melodic melodies and “lite” dance percussion mix you have going on here. The soundscape is perfect!

Do NOT change a thing on this one.  I repeat do NOT change a thing on this one.  In fact I would be interested in hearing more of this genre from you.  You are very good at it!

Two thumbs up!

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »

...still trying to find out... "who I am" in terms of electronic music...
What Mario and Marc say. (when these guys talk, it pays to listen - they both have an admirable sense of music and can express their opinions succinctly) Afro

I hear a lot of creative content, and no "filler"... somewhat unusual for this genre... Cheesy... 

SLD Music

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:16:31 AM »

Thank you all.  I appreciate your thoughts and encouragement.  

I don't like the "filler" either... makes me uncomfortable to sort of rest on my laurels...  Smiley  On the other hand, there are some electronic pieces out there that manage to find a good enough groove that you just... aren't in any hurry for it to change.

Anyway, I appreciate the reviews.  Thanks very much.

For the curious, I mostly used my Motif XF8 and Omnisphere for the sounds on this track.  Many of the sounds (including the pad playing the chords) were my original programs.  Used Stylus RMX in kit mode and Groove Agent One for the drums, and threw in some highly compressed drum sounds from Superior Drummer for the big finish.

I tend to shy away from any arpeggiators, flex phrasers or even preset drum grooves... I like to create all that from scratch.  Although I would never slight anyone else for using them, I sort of feel like it's cheating if I don't program it all myself.  The luxury of not trying to do this for a living I guess--cuz it takes me forever.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:25:50 AM by SLD Music » Logged
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:28:39 AM »

Excellent. Very good arrangements, ambient parts are very cool. A music to listen with closed eyes  Grin

Frenchy but chic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: