Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadowmire(The Blade Of The Order)  (Read 3849 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 14, 2012, 04:52:12 AM »

Since the "Toadfist's Lair" episode didn't go over all that well,I'm hoping this episode might fair a bit better with the audience...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAvI_bmNrU&feature=youtu.be

YouTube users are a ruthlessly tough crowd,as I have not received a single comment on any of my vids.Although I love the original music of the game,some You-Tubers have complained that the original music of the game makes them sleepy.

With that in mind,I designed the theme of my music to be more visceral...by using a dance-able flavor,while also trying to maintain a splash of the medieval motif.

I think trying to carve a niche in the world of video game scores,would be a painfully difficult task,in terms of making a living at it.

Anyhow,I just glad to have my creative juices flowing..after such a long dry spell.I might try my hand at posting this stuff on a video game-specific forum,just to see what kind of reception I get there.

-Thom

* Blade Of The Order.PNG (908.34 KB, 1136x881 - viewed 538 times.)

* Blade Of The Order 3.PNG (1201.8 KB, 1111x833 - viewed 548 times.)

* Blade Of The Order 2.PNG (1162.21 KB, 1124x842 - viewed 540 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:17:49 AM »

This is the kicker of the series. Percussive, emphatic, but displaying an admirable restraint. Afro

Don't listen to critics, or concern yourself about a relative lack of response to your efforts, Thom. This is quality stuff. It raises the quality of the video game experience, significantly!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

This is the kicker of the series. Percussive, emphatic, but displaying an admirable restraint. Afro

Don't listen to critics, or concern yourself about a relative lack of response to your efforts, Thom. This is quality stuff. It raises the quality of the video game experience, significantly!

Thanks for the kind review! Cool

As for feedback..well...I'm proud of my accomplishments and I wouldn't second guess my material or go back and change anything...but places like YouTube and KVRaudio are very peculiar.
With the case of YouTube,it seems as though the "shock-jockeys" are the only ones who get attention and it's essentially just a place for trolling and ridicule.
As for KVR...well...I didn't want to be cynical and I thought I would give it another go there,but primarily,people over there are only interested in the music contests and their gear pursuits & that will never change.

I think I could develop a fanbase in the video game crowd,but I just don't know how to reach them.I suppose the only way to do this,is to be involved in the video game process...by actually being a composer for a company.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:48:34 PM »

Freelance, man! Cool
Keep putting it out there - more of this ultra-cool material - and some one will twig to the fact that you got it goin' on.

Don't sign on with some idiot corporation that cares only for the dollars and nothing for your artistic sensibilities. Sell your work one project at a time, on a contract basis, and keep complete creative control.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: