Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:36:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Captain Sulu's Excelsior Chair  (Read 5317 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 17, 2013, 01:00:42 AM »

Recently,after suffering a ridiculous mishap in an office chair accident,I embarked on a quest to find a suitable office chair in a pinch.What happened,was that I had bought this rather odd looking "Jetson's" chair,which had a reclining back rest...one of which required that you put your weight into it, because it had a lot of recoil.
Well...after about 5.5 years of reclining,a few days ago,whilst leaning back,the back rest broke cleanly away from me & threw me back and if it weren't for me smashing my foot into my keyboard stand,I would have possibly broken my neck.

The nice upside to this chair disaster,is that fortunately,I had just enough credit on my Walmart card to buy another chair(as it turned out)...but was really concerned about what I could get,being that I only had $89 remaining,in credit.
This new chair I picked out,has a pneumatic base,ample cushioning,lumbar support,more of an executive-type size to it and the color scheme I've always wanted and all for $73!

I have always been extremely fond of Captain Sulu's chair from the Excelsior ship and a few years back,I saw almost an identical version of it in Best Buy....but I contemplated it for too long & missed the opportunity to purchase one,but this recent purchase is a wonderful,low cost alternative to the office chair I've been lusting after for years.

2013 is looking better day by day.

-Thom

* Excelsior Captain's Chair.jpg (276.31 KB, 1042x422 - viewed 485 times.)

* DSCI0945.JPG (2905.63 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 463 times.)

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

Cool!

Also known as Marc JXP
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

Keyboards the final frontier.
The captain chair’s mission is to explore strange new chord progressions and soundscapes; to boldly play what no man has played before - Captain Thomas Sneddon.

PS – cool chair.

The older I get the better I was!
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »

LOL Mario! Grin

Oh btw Thom, I forgot to say: if you sit in that chair - whatever you do - for God's sake do not wear a red shirt! Wink

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

Keyboards the final frontier.
The captain chair’s mission is to explore strange new chord progressions and soundscapes; to boldly play what no man has played before - Captain Thomas Sneddon.

PS – cool chair.

Couldn't have worded it better myself...schweet!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

LOL Mario! Grin

Oh btw Thom, I forgot to say: if you sit in that chair - whatever you do - for God's sake do not wear a red shirt! Wink

I had actually considered it,but fortunately,I don't own a single red shirt in my entire wardrobe... phew! On a serious note,I am more partial to the uniforms in the latest Star Trek series.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »

Fine looking chair, Pilgrim!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:17:37 PM by Oren » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:19:23 PM »

That's not just a chair its a... a... erm.

Engineered
Posture
Inclination
Control

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: