Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Above The Waves(via Ignite)...  (Read 8793 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 27, 2013, 01:55:01 AM »

This is a rough demo of my new Ignite DAW,from AIR(aka M-Audio).The song title comes from the very first instrument I chose to begin this song with.My review of Ignite is in the software section and I chose to put the demo here,because I was too busy posting screenshots in my review!  Grin
This is not the best rendering I've ever done-as I limited myself to only using Ignite's mastering tools & effects...but of course,it was done this way to illustrate what M-Audio is offering for free.Though this is an entry level DAW...I suspect that AIR(aka M-Audio),will provide future upgrades....at a reasonable cost,I'm sure.  Smiley

-Thom

* Above The Wavesdemo.mp3 (3688.9 KB - downloaded 372 times.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:02:31 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »

Good demo. Looks to be a very interesting synth.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »

Good demo. Looks to be a very interesting synth.

Thanks. Cool It is indeed,interesting,for a free product.In fact,it's a wonderful program for those that are very low on funds & those just starting out.
Hard to predict what the future holds for Ignite-in terms of upgrades..if any.Perhaps it was merely created in partnership with M-Audio to boost the sales of their midi controller keyboard lines,particularly their more recent Axiom models.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »

Comprehensive... and all the better for having T. Sneddon at the helm for this demo action. Afro

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

Comprehensive... and all the better for having T. Sneddon at the helm for this demo action. Afro

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

SLD Music

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »

Nice work, Thom.  I don't understand the new M-audio's (aka AIR's) gameplan though.  You say this is a free DAW?  Is it free in the sense that it comes with M-Audio hardware?  Or do they plan to charge for... "add-ons" in the future?

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »

Nice work, Thom.  I don't understand the new M-audio's (aka AIR's) gameplan though.  You say this is a free DAW?  Is it free in the sense that it comes with M-Audio hardware?  Or do they plan to charge for... "add-ons" in the future?

Thanks Scott.

I'm not exactly clear on it myself,except to say that AIR is the same software company that created Pro Tools and that most,if not all of the instruments of Ignite,are derived from Pro Tools.
That being said,one could easily speculate that Ignite was designed to wet the appetites of those who are new to Pro Tools.

To answer your question though,anyone..regardless of what gear they own,can download the program from AIR's website...but because Ignite is specifically designed to work seamlessly with M-Audio keyboards,by automatically mapping all of the controls with the software...Ignite seems to be a marketing tool for M-Audio hardware,to boost sales of M-Audio's gear.

I know that M-Audio's latest midi controller(the AIR Axiom series),comes with Pro Tools Express....but of course,this particular model gives the Ignite user the most benefit,with the Hyper Control protocol.

I've submitted queries to AIR's tech support team and they are wide open to user input,in terms of future upgrades & add-ons & such,but currently,AIR is field testing the Ignite software to survey the user response to their product.
Which is to say that even the staff-at the moment,do not know what the future holds.I would certainly be happy to pay for future add-ons,because I am sure they will be worthwhile & reasonable priced.

Despite my being aware that M-Audio's Audacity program is free also,I was still surprised at Ignite being 100% free & I was skeptical at first...but when you think about it,the notion of a fully functional DAW for free to attract new users,is quite brilliant and certainly,AIR...along with InMusicBrands,certainly has more than ample capitol to fund a free program such as this one.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

A BIG +1

Ignite does look interesting!

Is it 64 bit?

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »

Is it 64 bit?

Yep...it comes in 64 bit as well...as it should,since it is after all,2013. Wink

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:30 AM »

Is it 64 bit?

Yep...it comes in 64 bit as well...as it should,since it is after all,2013. Wink

I had to ask as Pro Tools is still 32 bit  Shocked

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »

Is it 64 bit?

I had to ask as Pro Tools is still 32 bit  Shocked

Well...I am not entirely surprised by this,because despite one the main functions of the new Korg Krome keyboard being DAW compatible via a VST plug-in option,it's only in 32 bit.
Korg's Legacy software in fact,only recently became available in 64 bit.I believe that NI's Reaktor synth is still in 32 bit(but maybe not,in the Komplete 8 bundle)?
Yeah...some companies are really behind the times,as Kurzweil..STILL does not make softsynth version of their sounds. Huh

In my opinion though,it seems that AIR was very aware,that they couldn't possibly be all that successful with their new Ignite program,if it was launched without 64 bit capability.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: