Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Axiom AIR 61  (Read 8378 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: February 02, 2013, 04:57:47 AM »

The M-Audio Axiom AIR 61 keyboard is the most exciting piece of hardware in 2013 thus far for me,as it is the most unique midi keyboard controller(next to the Nektar Panorama),because it offers not only an array of innovative functions..but also has a stellar software package included!
In relation to the original Axiom Pro series,the Axiom AIR shares two features of the Pro,which is the HyperControl and the same semi-weighted action(but it is important to point out,that only the 61 key in the Axiom AIR series,has the semi-weighted action).

One other similarity between them,is that the AIR has a white chassis,but with a brushed aluminum face(which to me,is a much improved, aesthetic quality).
There are many new tactile qualities to the AIR series,which includes endless & illuminated rotary controls,much longer faders,12 illuminated drum pads and the area where the display screen & transport controls are located is interesting, as they are all resting on a elevated angle for easier viewing.
The overall design of this keyboard is very ergonomic & quite attractive...somewhat reminiscent of a Star Trek Enterprise control panel.
The Axiom AIR keyboard come with 2 software programs(Ignite,which is also available to anyone who cares to download it from M-Audio's website) and the wonderful Pro Tools Express bundle.
I say wonderful,because although it is a scaled down version of Pro Tools,it is a fully functional DAW...so the limitations in terms of the number of tracks & included sounds,are really not very limiting,in terms of audio production...which is to say that in combination with the Ignite program,is a very potent mix!

Pro Tools Express provides you with 16 tracks and what seems to be a generous amount of VST modules,which are Boom(vintage drum machine),Xpand(which is a hybrid synth that combines FM & subtractive synthesis and sample playback and Structure Player(which is a scaled down version of Structure).
The Structure program that the Player version is based off of,is a very unique and fascinating sampler,in that it supports sample playback with either disk streaming or from RAM.
The drag & drop capability for importing samples is a really cool feature and even more exciting,is the ability to use Kontakt samples(version 1-3),as well as SampleCell and Logic's EXS24 sound libraries...although I would much prefer an upgrade to Kontakt 4 & 5.

Among the many exciting features of this keyboard,is the overall concept of total integration,between software and hardware(matched only by Reason 6.5 and the Nektar Panorama).
However though,the Axiom series is Reason friendly as well,so this particular piece of gear is the absolute ultimate,for me & my studio set up!
  wOO

The very best of it all,is that the Axiom AIR 61 is only $500(which is a real bargain,considering that the original Axiom Pro 61,was $600!  

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AxiomAIR61.html

http://airmusictech.com/index.php/product/structure#features

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/creative-collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JqFEdLMU4s&list=LLJ12TVZtEKsw5e124u8j9ug

-Thom

* MK25_angle.jpg (2693.09 KB, 3005x1398 - viewed 808 times.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:07:06 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

Looks damn good, for a tinkler of the ivories. Isn't it cool how technology is continually coming DOWN in price?! wOO

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »

Looks damn good, for a tinkler of the ivories. Isn't it cool how technology is continually coming DOWN in price?! wOO

Speaking of techno-driven price cuts,I just found a rather extensive list of free sounds for Pro Tools! http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/free-pro-tools-plug-ins/

I should mention also,that the 16 tracks in Pro Tools Express that I spoke of in my initial post,are actually just audio tracks.That being said,there's also 8 midi tracks as well(which is really perfect for me,as my PC won't really handle numbers larger than this...generally.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:24:16 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:31 AM »

Schweet! Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: