Kara-Moon Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha MX  (Read 3781 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 10, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »

I just had a look at Yamaha's new MX 49-ner. Having over a thousand sound from the motif serie in a small portable package looks like a very attractive package. Teh fact taht you can use the MX as both midi controller and sound card, adds value to the concept of the MX, especially if you're looking for an easy to use portable device. Great for taking with you when you are travelling or even on stage if you're working with a laptop. Tempting, allthough I wonder in what measure the sounds can be compared with the sounds out of a MOX or even out of a XF... Huh
Well, if it sounds like the original Motif, it will justify it's price  Wink

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 04:25:29 PM »

I don't think there's a downgrade in the quality of derived XS sounds,just less of them(about half the wave ROM).With less ROM,I'm guessing that there are less acoustic instrument presets,since such sounds use more megabtyes.If one is looking to acquire a Cubase software program specifically,then I think this is a good deal...for the price.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: