Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:43:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Incredible Software Find!!  (Read 4784 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:27 AM »

As I investigating Pro Tools software and after I suffered severe "sticker shock" over Avid's pricing with their VST programs(most of which,are mediocre in quality)...I stumbled upon Mixcraft by Acoustica.
The unusually low price of their mid-grade(or perhaps I should say,upper-mid-grade,because there's little difference between it & their flagship DAW)....had me thinking that it was something really basic like Ignite.

However though,I discovered that for $74.95,one can have the ease of use like Ignite,the comprehensiveness of the big boy DAW's AND have video editing,direct CD burning & MP3 audio converting....all in one program.... WOW!  

These guys are based in Oakhurst,California in Yosemite valley & the company was formed in 1998 & they became official in 2002.
One of the things about this company that is really interesting to me,is that one of the developers designed the video editing program that I have,which is Sony Vegas Studio.
I always thought that the $100 I paid for this program was a bargain...but had I been aware of Acoustica's DAW program,I could have saved myself a huge wad of money,because if I had bought Mixcraft 6,I would have no need for my Sony Vegas Studio..nor my Presonus Studio One programs.
 Shocked
Anyhow...Mixcraft 6 is a fully featured audio/midi DAW with unlimited tracks,11 virtual instruments..which include multiple VA synth engines,an expansive acoustic instrument library,25 effects,a built in guitar tuner on every track, importing of WAV, AIF, OGG, WMA, and MP3 files,universal VST support,Rewire for Reason...just to name a few!
A couple of other features that are among my personal favorites,is the onscreen midi-learn function,so that the user can easily set up parameters between the software and the midi controller keyboard and how incredibly easy it is to layer instruments within a single track(just as one would with a hardware workstation keyboard)!
After viewing several videos on YouTube,I also discovered how incredibly attentive the staff of Acoustica is and the proof is on their YouTube channel...as they have an absolutely astounding level of tutorial videos..that one has to see for themselves,to believe!
I scrolled through all of Acoustica's videos and they have every conceivable tutorial you can imagine,that addresses any possible issue that a user might have.
You name it...Acoustica has troubleshooted every possible issue you could ever have and to fix the problem your having...all that is required on the user's behalf,is to simply visit Acoustica's YouTube channel!
 wOO
Over the past two days,I had become a HUGE fan of this company...so much so,that I placed an order for Mixcraft 6 today.  Cheesy
By the way...the included sound arsenal of Mixcraft 6 doesn't appear to be anything particularly fancy(hence the budget price)...but certainly inspiring enough & the effects seem impressive enough for the modest coin.
The only difference between Mixcraft 6 and their Mixcraft Pro Studio,is that the Pro version has 3 more VST's and a few upgraded effects...for which Acoustica charges an additional $75(bringing the total to $150).
Mixcraft 6 is a beautiful option for me,as it gives me all the features I need(such as in-DAW video editing)...but it is priced modestly enough,leaving me with enough coin and the freedom to select just the right 3rd party VST's & effects...when I'm ready to shop around and purchase.  Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fJPe1DwXPuE

-Thom

* Mixcraft6(collage).jpg (1212.54 KB, 1800x1072 - viewed 539 times.)

* 1600-Mixcraft6_detail1.jpg (1080.82 KB, 1191x1600 - viewed 496 times.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:18:47 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »

Another software bargain, brought to you by our very own elwoodblues1969! Cool
Nice work, Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »

Looks like an interesting package. Indeed an attractive alternative to the big names, especially for starters who still need to invest. I agree, in this case, this one should be on your shortlist.

Moon
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »

This does look very interesting.

Keep us posted on what you think would you please Thom?

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »

It's shipping out as of this morning,from Indiana...should have it no later than Thursday.As soon as I have it up & running,I'll post my review of it in the software section,of course. Cool

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »

It's shipping out as of this morning,from Indiana...should have it no later than Thursday.As soon as I have it up & running,I'll post my review of it in the software section,of course. Cool

Thanx Thom, I would like to know what you think about it in a month or two also.  Sometimes as you know things look good at the start but may not live up to the initial expectations.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:56:18 PM »

Thom you have a PM.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: