Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:13:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Tutorial Series -- Demystifying the Control Room in Cubase  (Read 9290 times)
SLD Music

« on: May 12, 2013, 02:26:21 AM »

I realize Marc and I are probably the only ones using Cubase here... but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway.  I've made a series of tutorial videos that cover a specific feature that is somewhat unique to Cubase called the Control Room.  Anyone interested can find them here:

http://sldmusic.com/video-tutorials/

They're free of course.  Take 'em or leave 'em... up to you.  Smiley
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:36 AM »

Nice work, Scott!

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »

Bookmarked for when I've got a bit more time!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »

Thanks! Have never used the control room as it's not directly interesting for my workflow (at least, so I think) but I will check them out. Homemade tutorials are always much more interesting in that they tend to focus on specific aspects and directly embedding them in a workflow. Having said that, Steinberg also did loads of great tutorials on their new mixing desk.

Also known as Marc JXP
SLD Music

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Smiley

Marc,

For you I would at least recommend setting up a control room so you can use the listen bus and the external inputs.  Very VERY useful, even for your style of music making.

Having the ability to quickly switch to a mono mix (covered in the "mixdown presets" video) is also a huge plus of having the control room active.

Let me know how it goes.  In any case, start from the beginning, because I build the control room step by step, and the early concepts are an important basis for later videos.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:49:02 PM by SLD Music » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: