Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new Telecaster...  (Read 4358 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »

I wanted to see how the Chinese were doing with their Fender Squier series of Telecasters, and had a chance to buy this one from a local player who had treated it with the care it deserves.

I don't condone the use of tropical hardwoods in guitar manufacture (most of my instruments are made from North American tonewoods), but this guitar was done right, and sounds/plays as good as it gets...

* Squier body.JPG (887.52 KB, 1449x1536 - viewed 496 times.)

* Squier head.JPG (534.22 KB, 1920x969 - viewed 495 times.)

* Squier Thinline mahogany back.JPG (1670.37 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 493 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »

Oren, in your head picture it shows the high E string out of the nut.  Is that a problem with the guitar or did you do that on purpose?

I have played a number of my students’ Squire guitars and I have a Squire P-Bass and all have played and sounded quite nicely.  I am thinking about buying a Squire Vintage Mod Jaguar, I used to own an original Fender Jag back in the day.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »

Yes Mario, this poor baby was the victim of my thrashing around with a camera whilst under the influence of too much caffeine and enthusiasm. Fortunately the E-string was just snagged enough to displace it from the nut slot, but not enough to damage the guitar. Whew!

Squire instruments in their highest quality lines are, indeed, the equal of many U.S.-made Fenders. This puppy is from their "Classic Vibe" line, about $400 new.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »

Curious arrangement with the bridge. The intonation adjustment screws seem to be for pairs of strings rather than singles.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »

Curious arrangement with the bridge. The intonation adjustment screws seem to be for pairs of strings rather than singles.

That is the old-school Telecaster bridge design, Will, used before they decided that a separate adjustment for each string was more advantageous. This series is called "classic vibe", and the Chinese tried for as much tradition as they could muster.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »

That is the old-school Telecaster bridge design, Will, used before they decided that a separate adjustment for each string was more advantageous. This series is called "classic vibe", and the Chinese tried for as much tradition as they could muster.
Now, I never knew that! Thanks for the info.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: