Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:27:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small markers  (Read 4194 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: September 21, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »

Just lately I've been closing down various accounts and insurances - some even giving a small return in the process.

All of these were connected with critical illness, accidents redundancy etc. but now, my major outlay is finalised. My home ('Alice' according to a psychic) is all mine. The last payment was made this month and the mortgage lender has formally relinquished any interest Smiley

Neither accidents nor illness will stop me paying a mortgage that no longer exists, and healthcare here is good enough for that to not be a worry.

If I wanted to I could officially retire in less than 6 months and draw a full pension - but I'll most likely carry on in a reduced capacity as I mostly enjoy the challenges, and the money gives me a good lifestyle.

This is a surprisingly liberating experience!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »

Schweet! 

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.
Here's to liberation, and Alice.  Kiss

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:40:53 AM »

For a lot of folks,the phrase; "the golden years" is a misnomer and a crock of dung,as one typically has failing health,isolation & not much to live on,but in your case,you truly have entered your golden years & I'm happy for you! Cool

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 01:11:05 AM »

Will, congratulations on paying off your home.  It is a great relief isn’t it!

You are fortunate that you have a good health care system.  Over here ours suck and Obamacare is making it worse!  My wife and I both lost our health care and although my insurance is ok we are paying a ton of money for my wife’s health insurance.  Next year it will be much better for us!

I retired about 10 years ago.  I worked part time in my friend’s computer store but found it to be another job and another job I did not want even though I did like my first job. I now teach guitar, bass and music theory part time and I love it.  That money also gives me a very good lifestyle.

If you enjoy what you are doing then by all means keep doing it! If not retire and do what you really want to do.

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »

Thanks friends. I'm finding all my priorities are changing.

@Mairo seems you've found the perfect way to enjoy your retirement Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:50:46 PM »

Just think ... all the money you were paying to a mortgage can now be directed to home improvement. Like, who isn't wanting stainless steel appliances (which show finger marks like crazy), granite counter tops (which stain) and so many other things we see on the DIY shows Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: