Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:08:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Crow  (Read 4840 times)
shrikant

« on: January 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »

This one is titled "Holy Crow" for the KVR contest of Jan 2014. The genre indicated is "Experimental Crow". Honestly,I don't know what that means. Grin
If you feel like it, please let me know how this crow fairs. 

Thanks.

shrikant

* 1401_shrikant_ Holy Crow.mp3 (7436.63 KB - downloaded 338 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »

Shrikant, I liked this one a lot.  This has a super beat and outstanding instrumentation, i.e. lots of variety in lead sounds and lead lines keep in line by a steady drummer's beat. 

To nit-pick what I didn’t like were the crow sounds (do you really need them?) and the ending.  Personally I would have used a fad out for an ending but that is just me and others may not agree.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »

Very nicely done!

Mario's recommendations would make it even better...

propellerhead1969

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »

Loved the drum track,but apart from that,there's a lot of unstructured meandering going on,which is a bit too sloppy for my pallet.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »

I must say I couldn't get 'with' this month's theme at all. I quite like what you've got here, but again would have preferred it crow-less Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
shrikant

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:20 PM »

Thanks Mario D, Oren,Propellerhead and foldy for the response. Grin

I put the crow for two reasons. One is to meet the kvr challenge and the other is specific to what is going on in my country at present. It is election year and lot of crows have begun cawing relentlessly muddying the environment.  Now that the track is in the contest, I will let the crow stay for some time. Then will try a reconstruction. Propellerhead, thanks for pointing out the structural weakness. I certainly would like to improve.
Thanks once again to all. Sorry for the delay in responding.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: