Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:17:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avenger remix  (Read 6336 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: March 06, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

A slightly punchier version, a bit more 'in yer face' (innit) Smiley

{cough}
The cries and suffering of countless innocent victims down the centuries eventually awakens the ancient one from an eternal slumber. Comprehension comes slowly for the entity. Then at last, incensed by what it finds it strikes, destroying all in its wake. Only when balance is restored does it return once more to its unknown lair.
{cough}

P.S.
Just change the extension to mp3 for the 'other' format Smiley

* Awakening_The_Avenger.ogg (6628.79 KB - downloaded 267 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »

This sounds great Will wOO

Your mix is spot on! Super job on that!

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:41:32 AM »

Your mix is spot on! Super job on that!

Yup!

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:39 PM »

Puncy and also groovy. Nice mix of sounds.  Wink

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:05:47 AM »

Woo! Thanks a lot guys Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
propellerhead1969

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 01:50:54 AM »

Sounds spiffy Will,but had trouble finding the original mix,to appreciate the contrasts between the two.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »

Thanks Thom. I know there is an earlier version around here somewhere...
However...
I've just dug through my archives and there is a flac of the very earliest (1991) version done on an SY22 + SoundCanvas, so I've mp3-ed it. Interestingly the percussion is almost identical, but the instruments have changed a lot.

* 04_The_Avenger.mp3 (7251.11 KB - downloaded 267 times.)

- Will
propellerhead1969

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »

No real discernible differences in audio quality(to my ears)...but as you say,the instrumentation is noticeably different.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »

No real discernible differences in audio quality(to my ears)...but as you say,the instrumentation is noticeably different.
In 1990 I was in the fortunate position of being offered an ex shop demo DAT recorder at less than half price. This meant I was able to make recordings of much higher quality than most people around me. Also, because the DAT format is 18 bit rather than a CDs 16 bit I decided to record 6dB below peak level, still giving me a better noise floor than the hardware synths but also plenty of headroom.

By 2000 or thereabouts this machine was starting to get unreliable so I transferred all my recordings to the computer and stored them as flac format. A couple of years after that ZynAddSubFX first appeared and the rest (as they say) is history Smiley

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: