Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:34:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hollow Sun - gone :(  (Read 4016 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: June 02, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »

I don't know how many of you recognise that name. He was the guy who made a stunning array of synth sound modules, from highly accurate emulations of classic synths to ultra-modern spacy sounds. He was also very knowledgeable on a wide range of music production methods and systems.

He was very generous with his time and support of musicians generally, and made regular apperances on the Sound On Sound magazine, as a reviewer, producer, musician... as well as just hanging out in the chat forum.

In case you haven't worked it out yet, his real name was Stephen Howell, and he started out many years ago as the lead guitarist of Genesis. We lost him on Saturday Cry

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:43 PM »

That is a great loss to the music and sounds.

I have a number of his Kontakt patches and they are all top shelf sounds.

The older I get the better I was!
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »

A great loss indeed. I'll cherisch the fantastics soundbank in my Alesis. This was indeed the man that could put magic to synths.
Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »

...He was the guy who made a stunning array of synth sound modules, from highly accurate emulations of classic synths to ultra-modern spacy sounds. He was also very knowledgeable on a wide range of music production methods and systems...his real name was Stephen Howell, and he started out many years ago as the lead guitarist of Genesis...

This information is all new to me - hats off to the late Mr. Howell and his legacy!

(the "silver lining" : here we have solid evidence that not ALL rock guitarists are brain-dead  Kiss )

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »

I remember Hollow Sun from my interest in the Alesis Fusion.Loved his sounds,but unfortunately,the Alesis Fusion was quite an overpriced lemon.

Sorry to read about the passing of a very prolific sound designer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: