Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:21:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finaly.... Trancis  (Read 4556 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 29, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

It started 2 weeks ago when I recieved the anouncement of a sale out at the local music store. They had a Korg Micro X at a bargain price that caught my attention. Being a very portable synth, this one is well suited for taking alone at the holiday trip, so why not... let's buy this thing.

Next thing, let start up my old XP daw.... damned.... no sound. It's been almost three years since I used this pc discovering that the EMU soundcard refused to give any output. No worries, I found a Tascam US-428 for only 95 euro in the sale out, so this should work fine on XP.

I hooked up everything and found out that everything worked fine. Next, I downloaed Studio One Free and my setup was ready to get me started. Let's find out what this Korg Micro X could do.

I started of whit some trance-patterns based on the CM-may-tutorial and after a day work I ended up with this song titled 'Trancis'.

The song was created with the Korg Micro X in multi mode (10 tracks), some tweaking on the sounds. No external effects were used, only midi towards the synth. Studio One Free was used to make the midi-arrangement. Finaly the song was recorded in 1 take with audacity.

The song still needs some work, especially the part between 1:40 en 2:08 needs more interesting variations. But hey... it's been three years since I made some kind of music. Yes, I'm rusty, but hell... this doesn't sound too bad, taking into account that this is one small hardware synth with no external procesing what so ever. Guess I'm happy with this first result  Wink

Enjoy...

Moon

* Trancis v1.mp3 (3088.3 KB - downloaded 293 times.)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »

So good to listen to your work again. Especially impressive with such a simple set up.

Proof (if needed) that you might take the man out of the music, but you'll never take the music out of the man! Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »

...Proof (if needed) that you might take the man out of the music, but you'll never take the music out of the man! Grin

Yes!!! 

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:47 AM »

Trancis by way of Francis!

It's about time you posted your music again! The Korg has interesting sounds & the tune is a tidy little arrangement. Cool As for the portability thing...if I needed something really portable,I'd prefer the Novation Ultranova myself,as the key-bed is much more playable and well...the Ultranova's sounds interest me more.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »

So good to listen to your work again. Especially impressive with such a simple set up.

Proof (if needed) that you might take the man out of the music, but you'll never take the music out of the man! Grin

I couldn't have said it any better!

PS - you don't sound rusty to me!

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: