Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:37:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My work is never done...  (Read 4468 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: August 25, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »

Upon deciding that I could no longer live with the existing bathroom tiles in my apartment,I set on a quest to remedy the situation(but without actually having to re-tile the bathroom from scratch).
This idea lead me to ordering Stick-It Tiles,which are 9" X 11" vinyl sections with an adhesive backing.The idea of attaching vinyl to ceramic seemed ludicrous...but it's been working fairly well...but not without it's headaches.
Stick-It Tiles come in singles or packages of 8 and I bought 6,8-packs that cost me nearly $300 and I only have a 3rd of the bathroom covered. Roll Eyes
I began with the most problematic area of my bathroom,which was by the toilet and sink area and continued the application on the adjacent wall.
As for the shower area,I don't think these vinyl tiles will hold very well due to their size(as they cover the grout lines,which causes adhesion problems).
That being said,I think I will tackle the shower area,using 4" X 4" vinyl tiles.To do this,I had planned on ordering such tiles from a website called StickandGo.com but for some reason as of late,I have been receiving errors messages that read "Forbidden",whenever I try and visit the site.
It's just as well I suppose,since they are a British company and I probably would have paid a fortune for an overseas delivery.

* DSCI0132.JPG (2855.34 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 465 times.)

* DSCI0133.JPG (2863.4 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 440 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:24:31 AM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:10 AM »

* DSCI0134.JPG (2955.66 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 451 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »

I like your choice of colour and pattern!

Vinyl will last a long time, and keep its colour and finish - which is why it is used for exterior siding.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:44:31 PM »

Interesting way of dealing with the problem, and looks effective.
I would suggest that for the shower, you try and work in some transparent silicon sealent into the joints - just an idea.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »

Vinyl will last a long time, and keep its colour and finish - which is why it is used for exterior siding.

Yes...the vinyl itself should last,but as for how long it will last on the wall before it falls down...who knows.It's already starting to peel and I even used Gorilla Glue to keep it in place...but this glue expands quite a bit..even in small amounts and it's seeping out.

Despite prepping the wall with degreaser,it still won't stick very well...in some spots...what an incredible waste of $300 and I'm only getting started!! Angry

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »

Interesting way of dealing with the problem, and looks effective.
I would suggest that for the shower, you try and work in some transparent silicon sealent into the joints - just an idea.

I of course,have no choice but to use silicone,as I will be using 4" X 4" vinyl pieces in the shower area and I have to have something to fill in the spaces between.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: