Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Octagon  (Read 6464 times)
Laraka

« on: August 06, 2007, 10:24:55 PM »

Hi all, new member here.  I guess posting a tune is a good way to say hello Smiley

Here is a tune I finished recently.  It's electric, but not trance or ambient, so I'll post it in this channel.

Keen to hear what you think of it (good or bad).

Cheers,
Mike

* laraka - Octagon.mp3 (3166 KB - downloaded 258 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »

Hi Mike,

This song is a stone groove,man-I can dig it.Very tasty! Grin Got me bouncing around in my office chair.
Now all I need is an energy drink,disco lights & some poeple in my apartment so I can get freaky deaky. Shocked

This song is very well constructed; nice transitions throughout the song-which had my attention pinned down.
I am very selective about the techno genre & I think this one is definately a hit.

Hope to hear more of your work.

Elwood

Katzafatz
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »

Hi Mike,

sorry but I cannot agree Elwwod. The technical Side of your Song is good. But there are no new ideas. It is Techno that I heard again and again. I remember that my first attempt to make Music was to bought Magix Music Maker, put it on my PC and mix some Music. The result was very similar.

Please excuse my clear criticism, however that is what I hear.

Katzafatz
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »

Andreas,

Just because I like the song,does not mean that I think it sounds unlike anything else in the techno genre-that is to say it does sound like a typical techno song,which is fine.
I'm simply saying that it is a good techno song in general,that's all.

To each his own-it's all good. Cool

Elwood

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

First I must admit I'm not realy much into techno. Having said that, this piece sounds well constructed and balanced, although surprisingly short.

Although it's nice, it doesn't have a 'wow' factor for me.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laraka

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »

Hi people, and thanks for your comments.

Elwood, I'm pleased that you liked it.  I'm working on something similar at the moment and I hope to post it soon.

Andreas, I guess my goal with the tune was no so much to try and advance the genre, rather to do a half-decent job of a Techno song.  At least I'm getting the technical side of it right.  If it's not too far from your area of expertise, do you have any ideas how the song could be more interesting from your point of view ?

Folderol, good point about the shortness of it.  It was longer but to me it got a bit boring so I cut some out.  As it stands, there's something new coming in every 16 measures or so.  I didn't want it to get too repetitive.

Thanks all for taking the time to listen, and for honest comments.

Katzafatz
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

Hi people, and thanks for your comments.

Andreas, I guess my goal with the tune was no so much to try and advance the genre, rather to do a half-decent job of a Techno song.  At least I'm getting the technical side of it right.  If it's not too far from your area of expertise, do you have any ideas how the song could be more interesting from your point of view ?

Hi Laraka,

what I mean is that your song is a good solid techno song. When you sell royalty free music it's perfect (this is a compliment). When I have a good idea to make a techno song more interesting I would do this immediately. Perhaps you get a little bit inspiration for my anomalous lovesong which you could find here http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=772.0
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »

It certainly is real techno, if you can't get the kids on the floor with a song like this, they are deaf  Cool

K

And Welcome here  Cool

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
birdbrain

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »

having listened to many techno songs, some the draw on for close to an hour, i was pleased with your snippet.  look forward to hearing other music from you. 

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
Laraka

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 09:37:30 PM »

Thanks for listening and for your comments.

Cheers Smiley
Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: