Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Lobotomy  (Read 3557 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 19, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »

This is the title of a video from YouTube,from an atheist known as Cristina Rad(who by the way)...comes from Romania,where 80% of this country is orthodox Christians.

I do not wish to arouse any conflict with the well meaning Christians of the world,but anytime Christians are asked to think logically about their religion(it always inevitably,offends them and puts them on the defensive).

However...this video is so utterly fascinating and extremely important to me,because I care a lot more about human equal rights,then I do about offending my Christian friends(even my dearest ones).

This video is important for everyone to watch,regardless of creed,race,religion,beliefs or what have you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxT_EOO4BTg
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »

Interesting. However this is one of very many contradictions in both new and old testaments. The new, is toned down a great deal but the old is full of fire and brimstone. Both have been highly politicised by 'interpreters' and 'reviewers', which is a great shame as there are some great nuggets of wisdom.

I speak as someone who read through the whole lot in my t.e.e.n.s, trying to find answers.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:14:12 PM by folderol » Logged

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:38:33 PM »

Another avid reader (in my formative years) here - of the King James version.

Tried to make sense of it - tried to gain inspiration from it. Ultimately failed to achieve either, and assumed it was some fundamental character flaw with which I would have to learn to live.
This young lady appears to be of the opinion that I may not be such a Philistine, after all... Wink

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »

I do not wish to arouse any conflict with the well meaning Christians of the world,but anytime Christians are asked to think logically about their religion(it always inevitably,offends them and puts them on the defensive).

You hit the nail right on the head with this statement.

IMHO true Christians don't get involved with issues like this if those issues do not involve them.  In other words they live their religion and don't try to push it on others.  I try to be that way: that is live by the golden rule.

For example neither the wife nor I are for abortion and in fact we would never have one.  But we don't believe they should be outlawed like some demand.  That decision is between the woman, her conscience, and her God. We feel the same way about gays.  That is their choice to live like they want to live not mine or the governments.   

I know a number of Christians who don't care how others live as they believe those people will go to hell, as they prepare to go to heaven.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: