Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:37:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joy Sequence of The Moonbeam Heart - jaga jazzist-esque(?) instrumental  (Read 4874 times)
TristezaOrange

« on: August 02, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »

OK, after relaxing for a couple of weeks, I just about managed to finish this track - it's vaguely funky, perhaps jazzy, surely uplifting!  Smiley Forgive the nonsensical title, I've been listening to a lot of Stereolab lately, and have you seen their titles?  Grin

* Joy Sequence Of The Moonbeam Heart.mp3 (2294 KB - downloaded 676 times.)

Download my "Aerial And Trail EP" for free on Jamendo or buy it for peanuts at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

Hi & Welcome here  Cool

Nice track, uplifting is the word here.

I realy enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing it

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
TristezaOrange

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

Hi and thanks kara!  Smiley I recognize a lot of the forum members here... Hey guys!  Grin Cool

Download my "Aerial And Trail EP" for free on Jamendo or buy it for peanuts at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »

Hi.

This is a good track you've put together. Matches it's title well.

I like music that has bright sharp instruments, but I think maybe at around 1.03-1.10 you overdo it slightly. I'd like to hear this developed though.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »

There are some nice ideas on this track and I really like the drumgroove. However the bass seems to work against it instead of fortifying it. I don't know if it's the pattern of the bass or something else that doesn't work.

As said the mix needs some attention. It's really overdone in the high frequencies. Around 1:30 things become ugly and distorted as well because of it.

An other thing you must understand is that there is really no reason to make your mix so loud that it starts to clip. And digital clipping is very ugly indeed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:32:19 PM by Martin E » Logged
TristezaOrange

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 10:16:23 PM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

Listening to this at high volume through headphones, I can really understand what you're saying - it really gets a bit unbearable from 1:00-1:40! I'll work on the mix and see where it gets me. I like the bass line pattern but maybe it needs a different patch to work better, this one just isn't very funky(perhaps adding a little portamento would help??)

Again, thanks for the comments!  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: