Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:56:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's try that again :)  (Read 7109 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: June 11, 2017, 04:25:49 PM »

In 2006 I composed a tune that's a complete outlier for me, but only put it out as a low quality MP3.
Recently I dug out the original files and set everything up again, only this time I recorded at 48k 24bit. At that size I can't post it here, but below is a Soundcloud link where you can just listen as-is, or download the high def. wav file.

Incidentally, apart from the two extreme left and right shakers, everything is Yoshimi - even the kick Smiley

So, I hope you'll enjoy the Lair of the Dragon King

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:14:52 PM »

Will that was outstanding wOO

Your best to date IMHO wOO

You should do more like this wOO

This is a keeper for sure wOO

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »

Thanks Mario,
You know, I got a response just like the from somewhere else Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »

I was a bit rattled by that loud squelchy lead when it came in and thought that needed to be dialed back a bit...but otherwise...a very engaging and magical composition!
This particular tune of yours is the typical Folderol style...but yet,it stands apart from most other of your tunes...great choices of sounds...unique...creative and quite inspired(superb drum track too!)
A great tune for a video game or children's film....definitely one of my all time favorites from you.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »

Thanks a lot for your very thoughtful comment Thom. I think maybe that lead should come in more gently, although once established it has to dominate.

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: