Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boo!  (Read 2214 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: January 30, 2022, 08:50:38 AM »

Quiet here again Sad
How is everyone? I'm still jogging along.

These days I have to apply for a driving license renewal every three years (it's an age thing). It takes about a month for the new one to come through, and I'm highly relieved that mine has come through just in time!
Public transport round here is so poor that it's quicker to walk anywhere within a couple of miles, and longer distances are eye-wateringly complex and expensive, so a car is dramatically better.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 05:33:42 PM »

I'm doing OK. 

I have had some mixer issues that I think I have gotten squared away so I should be posting again soon.

The older I get the better I was!
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:56 PM »

Damn, are we all getting old here? Guess so Smiley I'll hit 73 this summer, but I'm still playing in a couple of bands (accordion and sax) and with COVID restrictions lighting up we are actually playing for read audiences! So nice.

Still hacking away at MMA. For the most part it is pretty stable and doesn't need much attention. Just write a new lib file every once in awhile. Of course, I use it all the time to create backing tracks for songs.

And, I still teach a bit. Not sure if I consider that be a good thing or not Smiley But, it's coffee money and with good students (with which I'm am blessed) it is a pleasure

Honestly, despite my age I do really feel good. A tad slower of course Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 11:36:42 PM »

"Damn, are we all getting old here?"  Must be.  On April I will turn 76.  I'm still playing and jamming with friend on Sundays.

bvdp, you may be a tad slower but sometimes I feel like I'm going in reverse!

I'm just glad that everyone is healthy enough to still enjoy and make music.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »

That puts me somewhere in the middle - I'm 73 on Saturday

Applying the old "three score plus ten" rule that puts me 3 years in 'profit' Grin

P.S.
I intend to make a lot more on the deal!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 04:12:18 PM »

Well .... here's another old codger.
Will be 73 in June.
We are all from the same vintage, chaps.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:37 AM »

Ahh, like a good wine ... or something ... I guess.

Funny thing, I was talking to my 45 year old son who is just now learning to play piano. He was never interested in creating/playing music before (long story), and he was quite proud of "how much" (very little actually ... they don't get smarter with age) he'd learned about music. He didn't understand or believe me when I told him that he could live to be 150 and there would still be much, much more to learn. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm not making it to 200 so I'm safe in the prediction Smiley

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 01:55:22 PM »

bvdp, my three kids grew up with hearing me and my bands their entire lives.  None of them took up music. My two boys picked up the mechanic's gene from my wife's side; her father drove Nascar modifieds back in the day and her brother also raced stock cars. But that is fine with me as they saved me a ton of money on car repairs.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 04:22:12 PM »

bvdp, my three kids grew up with hearing me and my bands their entire lives.  None of them took up music. My two boys picked up the mechanic's gene from my wife's side; her father drove Nascar modifieds back in the day and her brother also raced stock cars. But that is fine with me as they saved me a ton of money on car repairs.

I really wish that I knew more about engines and things than where to put the key to start thing thing Smiley Mind you, I have other (perhaps enviable) skills Smiley

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 05:26:19 PM »

I really wish that I knew more about engines and things than where to put the key to start thing thing Smiley Mind you, I have other (perhaps enviable) skills Smiley

The car manufactures have taken us backyard mechanics out of the picture.  You must also be an electrician, computer expert, as well as a mechanic these days.

Everyone has some skills that others are lacking.

PS - I think this is the most input/conversation this site has had since Ronnie passed.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 11:20:00 AM »

I gave up trying to do any kind of work on the car years ago. It would cost a fortune just to get the tools - let alone service manuals. On top of that I live halfway up a steep hill and there is nowhere level to work Sad

After losing Ronny, I do wonder where everyone else has gone, and what they are doing these days. We very rarely see Mr Moon as well, although I'm grateful he keeps the show running.

Anyway, it's a chill-out day for me, and I've already done a bit off noodling for a new tune idea Smiley The sun is out as well so I'll be toddling off for a bit of a walk once I've finished my coffee!

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: