Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remo Williams(The Discotheque Begins....)  (Read 768 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 13, 2022, 09:01:46 PM »

One of my favorite movies that came out when I was a teenager was Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins and I was obsessed with it & still love the film to this day.
The film is based off of the Destroyer series(a series of short novels that was conceived in the 60's...but was not published until the early 70's.Though the books were well received by many....the film did not do well in the box office and sadly, no sequels were made and oddly enough, the film did well when it became available of cable TV, as well as on VHS & DVD....& to this day, Remo Williams has a loyal following.
I recently bought the film on blu-ray and found out that the actor who played the lead role, has passed away back in early may of this year. That said....I wanted to pay tribute to Fred Ward & the film....by doing a cover of the title song & decided to combine that with a sequence later in the film(about mid-way)......and since those compositions only amount to just under 3 minutes in length, I decided to add my own composition.
It turned out to be a conglomerate of 80's pop, spy music and disco.....so I thought, what if there was a sequel to the first film...wherein Remo Williams finds himself in a discotheque, while pursuing a villain and gets lured onto the dancefloor by an enticing woman & both of them strut their stuff? Henceforth...the tune Remo Williams: The Discotheque Begins...was born.  Afro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gum0k1bv2ks
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »

I am not familiar with that movie but I thought your score was outstanding.

Excellent choice of sounds and rhythms.

Outstanding work Thom.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 05:17:27 PM »

I am not familiar with that movie but I thought your score was outstanding.

Excellent choice of sounds and rhythms.

Outstanding work Thom.

Thanks, Mario!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: