Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release date of "Nebulae" software?  (Read 11637 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 18, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »

I don't have my Alesis Fusion as of yet,but I was hoping that the "Nebulae" edition software from HollowSun would be released by the time I got my hands on a Fusion.
Does anyone have any insider info on the date of it's release?

Thanks,

Elwood

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:20:20 PM »

Nope, what is the Nebulae software ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »

The Nebulae software is comprised of additional sounds for the Alesis Fusion.
It's the latest up & coming programs for the Fusion.

This is one of the most intriguing features of the Fusion-a vast library of seemingly infinite new sounds. Grin

Here's the link if you want to check it out;  http://www.hollowsun.com/cds/nebulae_page.html

Elwood

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:10:27 AM »

Thanks for the link Elwood  Cool

63 $ (incl shipping) for 128 sounds, is expensive in my book. But it can be worth it, if they are realy good.
I wouldn't buy this, but that's only me...
I have 2 categories of sounds.
1. Standard sounds like piano,organ,standard strings,.... for which I have my selected expanders. Who needs 50 pianos anyways  Grin
2. If I need a special sound, I just make it with my Nord Modular G2X, at least I know it will be unqiue because I build it. If the sound that I made in the Nord is close to what I want but not 'wicked' enough, I sample my Nord, make a soundfont and use it for the oscilators of the Crystal VSti. Allmost no limits with Crystal Smiley

But since you are going for the Fusion and prefere to stay a hardware guy with an integrated solution, the fusion is propably the best solution for you, so the Nuebulea bank could be a good expansion.

k

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »

Kara,

You bring up some interesting points about "do it yourself sounds" and what is equally interesting is how you procure your own sounds. Cool

All of which leads me to wonder; are the Nebulae sounds nothing more than tweaked sounds off of the Fusion,or is it actually comprised of new pcm data?

If it is just a programmer doing what I could do myself,then yes,the price for the software is ridiculous,actually.
At this point,I am going to hold off on the idea of adding this software-once I get the Fusion.
If you think the price for the Nebulae is bad,you should see what the Alesis Fusion video tutorial is going for! Roll Eyes
It's $70(USD)!
I say no thanks,I'll figure out the Fusion on my own.I mean,if I figured out the Korg Triton Extreme on my own,there should be no problem navigating through the Fusion's functions.

Elwood

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »

I fully agree !
I'm allways the first to tell people : limit your tools but learn them well, spend time to explore and you'll have mucch more fun.

The fushion has 4 synth engines : Sample Playback, Virtual Analog, FM and Physical Modeling

You can build allmost any sound with this.
If you don't believe, give him to me for a week or 3  Grin

k

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

Oh yeah,I believe the capabilities of the Fusion-which is why I plan on owning it! Grin

The Fusion does quite a bit more then my Korg can do and it's less than 1/2 the price. Cool

Elwood

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »

I'm really interested how you will make the comparison between the Korg and Fusion. I've been comparing these 2 for a long time. On paper, the Fusion seems to be the bargain to go for, but I'm puzled if the Fusion can stand up against Korg's famous quality standards. Keep us posted!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 01:58:17 AM »

Moon,

It just does not seem fair to ever say that Korg is better or worse than the Alesis,or vice versa.
Although Korg is notorious for manufacturing exceptional,user-friendly workstations & authentic & reasonably organic sound samples,it's not without it's flaws.
The Korg Triton Extreme's ability to manipulate program presets to create unique user sounds is very limited-it's more of a plug & play keyboard.
Buying new pcm data for additional preset programs is not only expensive,but the library is very limited.
However though,from everything I have read,people I've spoken with & personally purusing the keyboard in a store,the Korg Oasys may very well be the only keyboard you would ever need-not only because it is the most self contained,all-in-one studio,but it also has unlimited potential to create the most unique user creations,and I don't ever see the Oasys becoming obsolete,as it is the most versatile keyboard on the market to date.
All that being said of the Oasys,well of course,there is no comparing quality & standards with a price tag of $8,500.

The Fusion's exceptional quality-as far as I can ascertain at this point,is that like the Oasys,it is just as unique of a keyboard,because there is nothing else like it on the market.
The Fusion also has a feature that no other keyboard out there has(not even the Oasys),which is the ability to store all of your information directly to the hard drive within the keyboard and recall it at your disposal.
One could say however,that that Korg products have some authentic real world sounds that Alesis does not have,nor may ever have,but then Korg will never have
32 tracks of sequencing,massive-internal hard drive storge,unlimited sound library,the most vast sound shaping synthesis & an integrated midi sequencer/audio recorder function for a mere $1,000.

Point in fact overall,is that the Fusion is not just about it being a bargain and it's not about the Fusion measuring up to stand toe-to-toe with Korg-it's that both keyboards are offering high quality standards in different ways.
What one lacks in one area,it makes up for it in another.

I know this sounds unsubstantiated coming from me & to some degree it would have to be,being that I have yet to own a Fusion,but I know this keyboard better than any product I've researched,because of how closely I've followed this product by virtually reading all the articles,reviews,user feedback,videos,tutorials & demo samples that I could find-along with keeping abreast of all the latest updates of the Fusion.
It is this very type of research that lead me to purchasing my Adam A7 active studio monitors.

I did all the research & became intimately familiar with the Adam A7 monitors,without ever having heard or seen them & they turned out to be the most significant purchase I had ever made.

Once I purchase the Fusion & explore it,I will validate and elaborate on the Fusion and I will be happy to share my experiences with it,so I will most certainly keep you posted. Smiley

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 08:16:45 AM »

Thanks for you're comments. I still find a bit surprising that the FUSION is still the only spec-synth next to the Oasys. I thought more manufactures would follow this concept. I think the FUSION is a great synth considering it's price tag. Let me know when you got one !  Wink

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »

Elwood, just wondering: did you consider the new Korg M3 as well ?
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 12:42:01 AM »

Moon,

I don't know much about the Korg M3-other than the fact that it's a spin-off of the Oasys & that it is ideally designed for live performances.
I'm still happy with my Korg Triton & at this point,I am looking outside of the Korg realm for variety and going beyond the Fusion, is not financially feasible right now & will not be for quite some time.
If I do decide to ever add another keyboard besides the Fusion,it will most likely be a Kurzweil,as I have wanted one for several years,but Kurzweil has always exceeded my price range.
They are much more reasonably priced these days however,& the Kurzweil K2 series is a very attractive keyboard.

Elwood

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: