Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Covert(full version)  (Read 7158 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 27, 2007, 12:21:23 AM »

Rharv asked me to put my full version of Covert up,so here it is....

* COVERT(full version).mp3 (2710 KB - downloaded 370 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:00:44 AM »

Thom,

Good one! Nice textures, and interesting variations on a theme.

A suggestion: when constructing each segment, go for a subtle variation in every bar - some tweek of bass, percussion, or melody instrument that keeps the listener interested and grabs them with an unexpected nuance. This is a knack that will develop with time.

You're walking in the tall grass, now, Hombre!

Oren.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:49:03 PM »

This is nice, and a very clean recording. I also like the instruments and effects you bring in. I agree that it could do with a bit more variation.

Do you check with headphones at all? Personally, I find the extreme stereo shifts at the beginning slightly uncomfortable. Also, 0:21-0:25 is that just very deep tremelo. It almost sounds like you've got a bad plug connection. Now 2:28-2:30  HAS to be a Pink Floyd influence Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »

I can only agree with the previous comments.
I love the bass line on which the whole song is based. It realy carries the song.

Now I know that Elwood works with pattern based sequencing, but this is realy close ! It is NOT lacking a lot of variation.
One or perhaps 2 patterns with a litle bit of variation would make it perfect.

You are real close now Elwood.

IMHO one of the best songs you posted here.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 10:18:28 PM »

Oren & Folderol,

Thanks for the comments.I'm always open to criticisms of all kinds,but in this particular case,I don't agree.
Here's why; this song is 2 minutes & fifty-three seconds & there are 9 changes in this song-with 3 different guitar melodies,a piano melody & arpeggiated synth sounds(bass & melody)-which I think is quite a bit.

If all this is not enough to keep the listener interested than that is fine,because I respect your opinions,but I don't quite understand them though,as some of the technical aspects go over my head.

I do understand that this song could be more interesting to you both if it was done your way-but that to me is objectivity,but then again,I am not a seasoned pro.

I realize that both of you are at a proffessional level with more experience & I'm just a hobbyist,but I can't find anything wrong with it personally,and I have no wish to try and improve on it.
I'm passionate about my hobby,but I am by no means a proffessional & I never possesed enough talent to be one.
I'm afraid that this is the extent of my talents & I have limitations because I do not read sheet music,I have no formal training & I've never worked in a proffessional studio enviroment.
I just love my hobby-that's all. Smiley

Elwood

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:32:40 PM »

Thanks for your input Kara, & I'm glad that there is someone out there that agrees that there is adequate variation. Cool

I also agree that the song is not perfect,but this is as good as I am able to make it,which is why I am content with the way that it is.
I realize that it is not a proffessional grade piece,but apart from that,I don't think there is anything wrong with it, and like Kara stated-it is all done on a sequencer,so that being said,it was the best I was able to do.

Elwood

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 09:06:14 AM »

Hi Elwood
I like this track and I don't have particular criticism.
Nice choice of sounds and good arrangements.
The bass guitar sound loses clarity sometimes on some fast notes, but that's a minor thing, for almost the entire track it keeps its punch, and I spotted it becuase it has a main role in this track.
I like the keyboards here
Well done

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

L.R.,

Thanks for the comments.As for the momentary lapse of clarity-that is the result of the touch sensitivity of my keyboard,which is purposely done to better emulate the inflections of a real bass.

Thom

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:52:34 PM »

Cheesy Thanks for explaining that
Your track is good enough anyway: I like it  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: